Minato City Half Marathon 2021 is cancelled due to COVID-19.
MINATO City Half Marathon 2021
Tuesday (Public Holiday), 23rd November 2021. * Rain or shine
Minato City Marathon Secretariat, Tokyo Athletics Association
Minato Ward Athletics Association
Sports Nippon Newspapers
Dai-honzan Zojoji, Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Prince Hotel, Shibatoshogu
The event will be conducted in accordance with the 2021 JAAF rules and regulations and the Event Regulations.
The vicinity of Minato City Shiba Park
- Half Marathon
- Tokyo Tower
- Fun Run
- Tokyo Metropolitan Shiba Park (north side of Minato City Library)
- The half marathon is planned to start near Minato City Shiba Park, pass through major roads such as Hibiya-dori, National Route 15 (Daiichi-Keihin), Sakurada-dori and Sotobori-dori, and finish at Tokyo Tower.
- The fun run is planned to start near Minato City Shiba Park, pass north along Hibiya-dori, turn left at the Minato City Shiba Koen 3-chome intersection, and finish inside the Tokyo Metropolitan Shiba Park (on the north side of Minato City Library).
- This is a JAAF certified course.
- The course may change in the future.
Checkpoints and Water Supply stations
- Five checkpoints along the course are planned.
- Water supply stations
- A total of Eight water supply stations are planned, Two before the start and Six along the course.
Race category, maximum number of participants, participation qualification, participation fee etc.
Half marathon (JAAF certified (pending) course)
|Max. no. of participants||
【General: 2,800,Disabled registration: 100,Charity registration: 100】
Runners are assigned to 4 corrals and start at different times (wave start).
2 hours 30 minutes after the start of the last corral.
|Start time||8:30 am|
|Participation fee||10,000 yen (Charity registration: 40,000 yen)|
Persons who are 18 years or older and can finish within the time limit on the day of the event.
Runners who complete the race within the time limit can download an official a certificate containing split times for each 5km.
Course detail (planned)
Elevation Map (planned)
Access to areas around the Start
- JR Line / Tokyo Monorail
- 10-minutes walk from Hamamatsucho Station North Exit
- Toei Subway Mita Line
- 3-minutes walk from Onarimon Station Exit A1
- 3-minutes walk from Shibakoen Station Exit A4
- Toei Subway Asakusa Line / Oedo Line
- 5-minutes walk from Daimon Station Exit A6
- Toei Subway Oedo Line
- 7-minutes walk from Akabanebashi Station Akabanebashi Exit
- There are no car or bicycle parking spaces for participants.
Delivery of Number Cards, etc.
Number cards and the chip for time measurement will be sent to participants in early November.
Number cards will not be issued or received at the event venue, so please arrive at the designated location by the designated time wearing the number cards. Details will be announced in the participation guide sent prior to the event.
Internet (RUNNET) ONLY
Application Period: Monday, 5th July 2021, 9:00 am– Thursday, 15th July 2021, 5:00 pm
Please access the website from PC or smartphone and apply according to the instructions on the event entry page.
- Tuesday, 3rd August 2021 – Lottery result announcement (by email and on the “RUNNET My Page”)
- Select payment method on RUNNET My Page (credit card or convenience store payment) and make payment.
- Deadline for payment is Wednesday 18th August Participation is confirmed after payment is received.