MINATO City Half Marathon 2022
Sunday, 20th November 2022. * Rain or shine
Minato City Marathon Secretariat, Tokyo Athletics Association
Minato Ward Athletics Association
Sports Nippon Newspapers, The Yomiuri Shimbun
Zojoji, Tokyo TOWER Co.,Ltd., Tokyo Prince Hotel, Shiba Toshogu
The event will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 JAAF rules and regulations and the Event Regulations.
In the vicinity of Minato City Shiba Park
- Half marathon
- Tokyo Tower
- Fun run
- Tokyo Metropolitan Shiba Park (north side of Minato City Library)
- The half marathon starts near Minato City Shiba Park, passes through major roads such as Hibiya-dori Avenue, Daiichi-Keihin, Sakurada-dori Avenue and Sotobori-dori Avenue, and finishes Tokyo Tower.
- The fun run starts near Minato City Shiba Park, goes north along Hibiya-dori Avenue, turns left at the Minato City Shiba Koen 3-chome intersection, and finishes inside Tokyo Metropolitan Shiba Park (on the north side of Minato City Library).
- JAAF Approved course.
- The planned course may be subject to change.
Checkpoints and Water Supply stations
- ①9:18am : about 5.1km ②9:34am : about7.4km ③10:15am : about13.1km ④10:45am : about17.4km ⑤11:04am : about20.0km
- Water supply stations
- A total of nine water supply stations will be set up on, two before the start and six along the course. one after finish.
- *Details will be announced in the official event program, to be sent out in early November.
Race category, maximum number of participants, participation qualification, participation fees, etc.
Half Marathon (JAAF certified course)
|Max. no. of participants||
【General: 4,800,Disabled registration: 100,Charity registration: 100】
Runners are assigned to 4 corrals and start at different times (wave start).
2 hours 30 minutes.
|Start time||8:30 am|
|Participation fee||10,000 yen (Charity registration: 40,000 yen)|
Persons who are 18 years or older and can finish within the time limit on the day of the event.
Runners who complete the race within the time limit can download an official certificate containing split times for each 5 km.
Elevation Map (planned)
Access to areas around the Start
- JR Line / Tokyo Monorail
- 10-minutes walk from Hamamatsucho Station North Exit
- Toei Subway Mita Line
- 3-minutes walk from Onarimon Station Exit A1
- 3-minutes walk from Shibakoen Station Exit A4
- Toei Subway Asakusa Line / Oedo Line
- 5-minutes walk from Daimon Station Exit A6
- Toei Subway Oedo Line
- 7-minutes walk from Akabanebashi Station Akabanebashi Exit
- There are no car or bicycle parking spaces for participants.
Delivery of Number Cards, etc.
Number cards and the chip for time measurement will be sent to participants in early November.
Number cards will not be issued or received at the event venue, so please arrive at the designated location by the designated time wearing your number cards. Details will be announced in the official event program to be sent out in early November.
Internet (RUNNET) ONLY
Application Period: 9:00 am, Mon. 4th July ~ 5:00 pm, Thur. 14th July 2022
Please access the following website from a PC or smartphone and apply according to the instructions on the event’s entry page.
- Tuesday, 2rd August 2022 – Lottery result announcement (by email and on the “RUNNET My Page”)
- Pay the participation fee using the payment method (credit card payment or convenience store payment) selected on RUNNET My Page.
- The deadline for payment is Wednesday 17th August Participation will be determined after payment has been confirmed.